With a swift and creative design engineering team, Héroux-Devtek has developed landing gear systems that are recognized for their excellence and innovation. For example, the Company’s design team is now responsible for the landing gear development of the following programs:
- Sikorsky CH-53K Heavy Lift Helicopter: design and manufacturing contract;
- Learjet 85 business jet: design, manufacturing and life cycle contract;
- Embraer Legacy 450 / 500 business jets: design, manufacturing and life cycle contract;
- Dassault Aviation new business jet: design, manufacturing and life cycle contract.
The design and engineering team of Héroux-Devtek was also in charge of complete or partial landing gear design on the following platforms:
- Canadair’s amphibious CL-215;
- De Havilland Twin Otter DHC-6;
- Bombardier Learjet 45;
- Bell-Augusta’s BA609 tilt rotor helicopter;
- Northrop Grumman Global Hawk;
- Boeing’s X-45C unmanned aircraft;
- Lockheed Martin’s F-35 (door uplock).
Numerous design improvements to existing landing gear systems developed by Héroux-Devtek have become the standard of the industry on different platforms. Such improvements not only ensure superior reliability and maintainability, but also increase the lifecycle of the landing gear.
Manufactured to Specifications
Héroux-Devtek’s expertise in manufacturing engineering relates to the strategic programs of original equipment manufacturers. The Company’s production capacity with regard to landing gear have made Héroux-Devtek a premiere partner for a wide range of commercial and military aircraft and other landing gear manufacturers, including those listed here:
- Lockheed Martin’s C-130J Super Hercules;
- Boeing B-777;
- U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy’s B-1B, B-52, E-3, C-130, F-16 and P-3;
- Boeing’s H-47F Chinook helicopter (including the CH-147 for the Canadian forces);
- Goodrich Corporation – Landing Gear: sub-contracted to manufacture components for a number of commercial programs;
- Messier Dowty: sub-contracted to manufacture landing gear components for numerous programs including the Airbus 320 and Boeing 787.