AccountabilityHéroux-Devtek (“the Corporation”, “we”, “us”) has a firm commitment to protecting the personal information of the individuals we deal with. This Policy does not apply to employee personal information or to information that does not qualify as “personal information” under applicable legislation in Québec, Canada.
Information CollectionThe Corporation collects personal information that may include:
- Contact information, which typically includes such information as an individual’s name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, and fax number;
- Business information, which typically includes business contact information (such as name, telephone number, address). To the extent that this information is personal
- information under applicable legislation, it is governed by this Policy;
- Other information provided by individual customers or suppliers, in subscribing to receive information from a website operated by the Corporation (a “Website”) or in contacting us to obtain information on our services.
Use and Disclosure of Information
- The Corporation will generally collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- To evaluate and fulfil a request for our products, programs and services;
- To respond to inquiries for information about the Corporation and our services;
- To process requests for the removal or correction of information from our files;
- For customer relationship management purposes and to generally manage our business;
- To better understand our customers’ or suppliers’ needs and how we may improve our products and services; and
- To meet legal, regulatory, security and processing requirements, and otherwise as required or permitted by law.
Collection of Information OnlineWe do not automatically gather any personal information from our customers and Website visitors online. Personal information is only obtained online if an individual supplies it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via email. Individuals are not required to supply this information to view the content of the Website. Individuals should be aware that when they share personal information in public areas on our Website, this information may be seen and used by others users. We urge any user of our Website to exercise good judgment when sharing personal information in these areas. Our Website provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request contact information about you. Individuals also have the ongoing option of removing their contact information from our database so that they will not receive future communications or no longer receive service offered through our Website. We may use software that receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Website. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our Website.
The Corporation does not correlate this information with data about individual users, nor does it share this information or sell it to any third party. If you prefer not to receive cookies from our Website, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies and refuse the cookie when your browser alerts you to its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser. This could affect the areas of the Websites that are accessible to you.
There are links on our Website which take you to other websites beyond our service. Any links provided to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience or to provide you with resources which are designed to assist and inform you with buying and selling various products and services. The Corporation is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. The operation and content of such third party websites is beyond our control. We do not endorse, in any manner whatsoever, or accept any responsibility for the information, content or other material which may be contained on such websites.